How to get started
Adding solar panels to your home is simple with SolarWorld's factory trained, state-licensed installers. Get added peace of mind, knowing that SolarWorld, with over 30 years of experience, has custom designed your Sunkits® solar electric system to get the most out of your roof.
Once you're ready to go solar follow these three simple steps:
Step 1: Request a free site assessment
It’s simple and easy. Just use our online form or call 1-800-94 SOLAR (76527). One of our factory-trained installers will contact you to schedule a visit to your home.
Step 2: Assessment and proposal
- The SolarWorld factory-trained installer will assess your home's energy requirements and gather installation details.
- SolarWorld will then prepare a customized proposal for your home that outlines the installed cost, available incentives and expected savings.
- The installer will also discuss financing options with you, if needed.
Step 3: Installation
A Sunkits® solar electric system can typically be installed within two to three weeks from your order. Please note, however, that the time required for permits and incentive paperwork approvals vary by city and state.
The installation process itself is simple:
- You place the order with one of our factory-trained installers.
- The installer works with you to schedule the installation date.
- SolarWorld ships the complete kit to your home or local
- The installer physically installs the system on your roof.
- Supports are attached to the roof at the rafters.
- Rails are attached to the supports.
- Solar panels are attached to the rails.
- The solar panels are connected to each other and the cables are brought down to the inverter.
- The inverter is mounted in a shaded area on an exterior wall or in the garage or service closet.
- The DC cables are connected to the inverter and the inverter is connected to the electrical panel.
- Appropriate labels are added to the electrical panel.
- Any required inspections are performed by the permit office, incentive officials and/or utility representatives.
- The system is connected to the grid.
- You pay the contractor and submit the provided incentive paperwork.